It’s praying time! May 3rd has been designated for this year’s “National Day of Prayer”. The nation will be encouraged to come together and turn to God in prayer and meditation. This year’s theme is UNITY. So how will you commemorate the day? And more importantly, how will prayer fit into your life the rest of the year?
Psalm 5:3 (NIV) In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.
Having a little talk with Jesus shouldn’t feel like a chore. It is our privilege to be able to carry all of our concerns to God in prayer. Yet maintaining a consistent prayer life can sometimes seem like a challenge. For those balancing work, school, family and other responsibilities, busyness can turn into a distraction that causes us to lose focus. Fortunately, there are resources available that can help get your prayer life in order.
Free Prayer Mobile Apps (iTunes App Store)
- Echo Prayer – Keep track of your prayers or share prayers with friends, family members or groups. The app reminds you to pray with a “Pray Now” feature with an optional timer.
- Prayer Guide – Prayers to God – This app provides a selection of prayers based on specific topics and also a variety of Bible inspirations.
- Prayer As You Go – Daily 10-13 minute prayers, combined with music, scriptures and questions for reflection.
- PrayerMate – This app allows you to receive prayers daily or select specific prayer categories. Download your favorite prayers for reference and set alarms as needed to schedule prayer times.
- Pray Prompter -This app acts as a virtual prayer coach by helping you stay focused and by prompting you to pray more on suggesting topics. This app is good for those who are new to prayer practices and provides teachings on the basics of prayer.
Prayer: The Ultimate Conversation – Dr. Charles Stanley
Draw the Circle Study Guide: Taking the 40 Day Prayer Challenge – Mark Patterson
New Morning Mercies: A Daily Gospel Devotional – Paul David Tripp
Lord, Teach Me to Pray for Kids – Janna Arndt